[quagga-dev 9019] Re: uRPF?

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Thu Jan 12 22:24:57 GMT 2012

On 12/01/2012 19:03, Sergey V. Lobanov wrote:
> Quagga is not forwarding plane but zebra daemon supports 'ip forwarding'
> and 'ip address' commands. Double standards? There is no reason not to
> implement 'ip urpf'(e.g.) command in zebra daemon.

No reason, except that Quagga doesn't just run on Linux: it also runs on
other operating systems such as *bsd and solaris.  If you want to commit
some operating-system dependent code to the codebase, I think this would
generally be welcomed.  But please, it's not double standards or anything
else like it: this is a forwarding plane command and Quagga is not a
forwarding plane management engine.  There are too many operating system
specific dependencies to make that a reality.

Nick