[quagga-dev 9275] Re: quagga license clarification

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Fri May 4 22:43:59 BST 2012

On 04/05/2012 19:47, Henderson, Thomas R wrote:
> I had a different interpretation.  Please read:
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html
>
> The presence of including COPYING.LIB (what they refer to as
> COPYING.LESSER) implies that "you are releasing your program under the
> LPGL".

It's pretty clear from the headers in most of the src files that quagga is
GPL licensed, v2 or later.  There is a small number of files which either
have difference licenses or else don't have explicit licensing
instructions.  The presence of COPYING.LIB in the root directory of the
distribution does not suggest that quagga is LGPL licensed.

Nick