[quagga-dev 9336] ospf6d <> ospfd, Re: Reg: Inter Area routes into non-back bone areas in OSPFv3

David Lamparter equinox at diac24.net
Wed May 9 11:49:57 BST 2012

On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 06:51:57PM +0530, narender wrote:
> Thanks for the Reply AI,
> I dont thing quagga has implemented RFC 3509.
>
> I have fixed quagga ospf6d from sending the INTER Area routes from non back
> bone areas into other non -backbone areas.
>
> ospf6_abr.c (quagga version : 0.99.20)
> ============================
> 266a267,278
> >   if ((route->path.area_id != BACKBONE_AREA_ID) &&
> !IS_AREA_BACKBONE(area))
> >   {
> >         if (is_debug)
> >                 zlog_debug ("Not a BB route, cannot be originated to
> other NON-BB");
> >         if (summary)
> >                 ospf6_route_remove (summary, summary_table);
> >         if (old)
> >                 ospf6_lsa_purge (old);
> >         return;
> >   }
> >

> Can anyone let me know if this is fine.

I'll go look at this in detail a bit later, I have refreshing my OSPFv3
spec memory on my TODO after some other stuff.

On a side note, please send "unified" format patches/diffs.  Generally,
it is a very good idea to use git.

> How can I make quagga ignore the received inter area routes from non-back
> bone areas.

Quagga's OSPFv3 support is half-broken overall.  Generally, before going
in and fixing things, it may make more sense to scrap ospf6d and rewrite
OSPFv3 support as an extension to ospfd.   I think the general consensus
is that this needs to happen at some point anyway.

(Comments on this very welcome)

-David