[quagga-dev 9996] Introducing Scott Feldman

David Lamparter equinox at diac24.net
Thu Nov 15 16:10:24 GMT 2012

Hi everyone,

if you've followed the recent quagga-dev thread on Quagga maintainer
status, you may already know Scott Feldman.  We've decided to go ahead
and tentatively add him as a maintainer.

He will be maintaining a branch on the regular Quagga git
(http://code.quagga.net).  You can recognise his branch(es) from the
"sf/" prefix on the name.  The idea is that Scott will work with that
for a little to get up on speed and confident with the processes, and
as soon as that works smoothly he'll move to plain master.

Scott is employed by Cumulus Networks.  They're trying to get Quagga
into production-quality shape, with a focus on OSPF (v2 & v3) and after
that BGP.  This should mesh nicely with working as a maintainer, looking
out for stability and avoiding regressions.

Since OSPF is Cumulus' main focus right now -- you've seen quite a few
patches on the mailing list -- Scott's focus as a maintainer also is
OSPF.  I'd like to encourage everyone to work with Scott on pushing OSPF
patches.

While we're on the topic of the Quagga maintainers, we're still short
and would like to encourage people to step up and try to contribute,
especially on review and comments.  Publishing and working in public
also helps a lot, especially if you're maintaining a git tree.

Cheers,

David