[quagga-dev 9998] Re: How to develop a new module?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Nov 15 16:33:19 GMT 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 05:13:37PM +0100, Pablo Cardona wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to Quagga/developing...so I'll appreciate any kind of advice or
> guidance about this subject.
> I'm trying to build Quagga source code using Eclipse (Ubuntu 12.04), but it
> looks like I'm missing some basic knowledge to set up the code to work
> before I even think about writing something.
> Are there any resources I can check?? So far I've followed some similar
> steps to this <https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Eclipse_CDT>eclipse
> developer guide.

quagga uses autoconf.  I have no idea if eclipse has a clue about
autoconf.  My experience with eclipse makes me have the opinion that it
is the worst piece of crap ever created as a piece of software.  Sure I
don't like IDEs to begin with, but even as far as IDEs go, it sure
is awful.

All you really need is a nice text editor and make.

--
Len Sorensen