[quagga-dev 10005] MPLS, LDP, etc.

Timo Teras timo.teras at iki.fi
Mon Nov 19 06:46:46 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I noted that there's been some queries on the MPLS support of Quagga.
It is also mentioned that MPLS support for Quagga "is going on" [1].

I did find two separate LDP implementations:
- the original work of J.Leu [2]
- the OpenBSD LDPd ported to Quagga, by Renato Westphal [3]

It would appear that J.Leu's work is more complete, including BGP
changes, and that Renatos tree contains only the OpenBSD LDP ported
to Quagga.

I will probably be interested to get one of these upstreamed, and a
working MPLS+LDP+OSPF(+BGP) stack using Quagga on Linux (so yes, I would
be also working with the kernel patch set at [4]).

Is someone else already working on similar?

Which one of the two above LDP implementations would be more likely to
get upstreamed?

Any other comments?

Thanks,
 Timo