[quagga-dev 10046] Re: access-list and prefix-list semantics

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Wed Nov 28 17:52:05 GMT 2012

On 28/11/2012 17:21, 'Chris Hall' wrote:
> Well... I thought as much -- consistency in the user interface is a
> foolish notion.

You're right that consistency would be better and as I said, the "Insertion
failed" error which quagga gives for adding stuff to a prefix list without
a sequence number is definitely wrong, and should probably be fixed.

The other behaviour you pointed out is similar enough to how IOS handles
things that it doesn't set off alarm bells, even though from an external
point of view it's probably more than somewhat peculiar.  I'll put this
down to advanced brain rot on my part.

Nick