[quagga-dev 10048] Requirements for getting a patch accepted to Quagga

Oliver Fisher ofisher at google.com
Fri Nov 30 04:59:42 GMT 2012

I am an intern working for Google, which is contributing to to the open
source RouteFlow project - https://sites.google.com/site/routeflow/

We have been working on support for Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS),
which uses the Label Distribution Protocol (LDP).

RouteFlow uses Quagga to do the actual routing.

A fork of Quagga exists already which supports LDP which was written by a
guy called Renato Westphal - it exists here
https://github.com/rwestphal/quagga-public/tree/mpls

We would like to get it merged into the main branch of Quagga, and I have
been emailing Avneesh about what would be required to get it accepted, he
said I should involve the list.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction (I have read the
hacking document located http://www.nongnu.org/quagga/devel.html).
Currently I don't understand Quagga enough to know what I should focus my
efforts on. I only have two months of my internship left, of which I expect
to be able to dedicate around one month to working on getting the LDP patch
up to shape so it can be accepted.

Appreciate any comments.

Thanks

Oliver Fisher