[quagga-dev 10392] Update on Implementing Autoconf ospf6d

seabrook e.j.f. (ejfs1g10) ejfs1g10 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Apr 4 19:01:33 BST 2013

Hello All,

A short while ago I emailed this list regarding work I would be doing for my
third year project, Implementing Auto-Configuration ospf6d. This email is a
follow up to that.

I am nearing the end of my project and I have managed to produce something that
seems to work fairly well. So far it isn't well tested (I shall be doing more
thorough testing over the next few weeks), and the code is in serious need of
a review/clean up.

The code implements functionality defined in two drafts, OSPFv3
Auto-Configuration [1], and Prefix Assignment in a Home Network [2]. The first
draft adding the ability to generate a Router-ID and resolve conflicts across
the network, the second deals with the automatic distribution of IPv6 Prefixes
to the various subnets of the network.

The codebase itself can be found in my public GitHub [3].

I don't know what the next steps for my contributions should be; I would like
to see it being used by someone for something! Ideally I would like to see this
merged back in to the mainline, and I am willing to put in the effort required
to get it into a state under which this would be a possibility.

For now I would be incredibly grateful if anyone could let me know their initial
impressions of my work. I am very open to criticism, so please be as harsh as
necessary.

Cheers,
Edward Seabrook

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-acee-ospf-ospfv3-autoconfig-03