[quagga-dev 10393] Re: TODO list survey, Google Summer of Code

David Lamparter equinox at opensourcerouting.org
Fri Apr 5 16:33:15 BST 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 03:59:34PM -0700, Dinesh Dutt wrote:
> Thank you for putting the list together. I've the following patches to
> be submitted w.r.t. ospf6d:
>
> - ABR support including stubby/totally stubby area support
> - Improving convergence times with large number of LSAs
> - Modifying the ECMP logic to support more than 4-way ECMP
> - Modifying the LSA expiry/refresh code to use timer wheels
> - A bunch of bug fixes
>
> I've started work on implementing max-metric support for ospf6d.
>
> We've already submitted a few patches for ospf6d including p2p interface
> support.
>
> Would you like to break up the ospf6d task list or would you like me to
> do that as part of the TODO code and submit a patch with my/our name on it ?

It would indeed be great if you could submit a separate patch that
updates the TODO file to reflect current status.  List both what you
have submitted already and what you have queued / planned.  Doesn't need
to be extremely detailed, just enough info so we have the general
picture documented in git.

For future patches, they can then update the TODO list along as they
fix/implement stuff;  for the older patches already on the ML we can
handle that on merging.  This is step 2 though, let's get step 1 done
first:  getting the TODO list reasonably up to date.

-David