[quagga-dev 10430] Re: OSPF: External Prefix Summarization

Ján Janovic janovic at orava.sk
Tue Apr 16 21:24:16 BST 2013

Hi,

thanks for fast reply. I have made my own git repository at BitBucked
today by cloning quagga's master branch. I hope it will be sufficient.
You can find it here:

https://janovic@bitbucket.org/janovic/quagga.git

feature branch: ospfd/ext_summarization

There is a quite extensive peace of code edited/added, I've added
comments on many lines. If you have specific questions or suggestions,
please write it here. I would like to discuss this solution and make it
better.

The part of idea for external summarization is taken from ABR
summarization between areas. I've tried to use as much of existing
code/functions as I could.

All information about summary prefix is stored in new structure
ospf_external_summary_prefixes defined in ospfd.h. Logic is written in
files ospf_vty.c(DEFUNs) and ospf_zebra.c(ospf_zebra_read_ipv4()).

Tested for now on Ubuntu, with a topology made from Cisco routers
running in Dynamips.

Thanks in advance for review.

Jan Janovic