[quagga-dev 10447] Re: OSPF: External Prefix Summarization

Joachim Nilsson troglobit at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 11:38:34 BST 2013

Hi Ján!

I have been trying out your excellent piece of code. This contribution
of yours is what I've wanted to do myself for a long time now. So I'm
very interested in helping out as much as I can and have time for it!

     First off, it works! \o/

I tried it out on my laptop against one of our¹ own Quagga based
routers and the laptop happily summarized a set of /24 nets I had
setup on loopback and redistributed them as one /16 as I had
instructed it to do.

However, in my telnet session with ospfd I cannot seem to get the
summary-address setting to be saved in ospfd.conf, or see it in
"show running"?

Maybe you've forgotten to add some code for that?

When I add the summary-address line manually to ospfd.conf and
restart ospfd it also works, even though it leaks the following line to
the console:

     Summary route for 10.0.0.0 added.

I guess that should be silent when starting up in non-interactive mode.
But there's still no "summary-address ..." line in "show running" when
I telnet back into ospfd.

There is also a couple of minor whitespace issues in the code, I can
followup with a patch on that if you like.

Regards
  /Joachim

¹) I work at Westermo R&D, we do switches/routers and stuff