[quagga-dev 10461] Re: interest in participating to GSOC/Quagga

David Lamparter equinox at opensourcerouting.org
Mon Apr 22 19:50:38 BST 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 06:19:28PM +0100, hervé frantz wrote:
> hi to the quagga community,
> i'am a student living in cameroon (central africa country) taking master of
> engeneering courses (design and developement of secure network serivces)
> done by University of paris XII in my country. i have learn about gsoc 3
> days ago and i 'am inetrested to work on IS-IS or ospf testing replay tool. i
> have good skills in computer networking and and linux system programming
> sorry to take with the community so late,

Hi Frantz,

building better test tools for OSPF and IS-IS is indeed a high priority.
Can you elaborate on your networking and programming skills?  What
programming language(s) do you know?  Do you have some basic knowledge
of how either of the protocols work, i.e. Hello messages and Database
updates?

(Cc'in Martin who would probably be your Mentor.)

Cheers,

David