[quagga-dev 10930] high-bandwidth, low-latency quagga necessary ?

Jose Gavine Cueto pepedocs at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 10:47:30 GMT 2013

Hi ,

Is there a need for a high-bandwidth and low-latency optimization for
quagga ? I've used Intel's Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK), and
furthermore I would like to use my experience to contribute meaningfully
(if time permits) to an open-source project like quagga.  DPDK basically
allows high-bandwidth and low-latency TX/RX through some kernel bypass
techniques.  It would also be a way to sharpen my skills.

I would like again to know if using Intel DPDK to optimize quagga is
necessary or would there be a possible use case for it ?

Cheers,
Pepe

--
To stop learning is like to stop loving.