[quagga-dev 10957] Re: high-bandwidth, low-latency quagga necessary ?

Alexis Rosen quagga-users at alexis.users.panix.com
Tue Dec 10 09:29:31 GMT 2013

On Dec 10, 2013, at 3:58 AM, Vincent JARDIN <vincent.jardin at 6wind.com> wrote:
> On 10/12/2013 04:11, Alexis Rosen wrote:
>> Can anyone here give some numbers for a running quagga system, before and after installing DPDK? Either max PPS throughput (hopefully per-core), or CPU usage per core for a given level of traffic? And, can anyone confirm that they did this without modifying the Quagga config at all?
>
> Here are the numbers you can get:
> http://www.6wind.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/IP-Forwarding.png

Thanks, but without context this is meaningless. What software is being used here? If it's not quagga, what does it tell me about quagga? If it is quagga, what patches (if any) and what version is being used? What OS version & distro version (if relevant) is used, and what changes to the standard installation were made?

Thanks,
/a