[quagga-dev 10155] Re: Zebra and Netlink (for LDP)

Timo Teras timo.teras at iki.fi
Mon Jan 7 18:04:18 GMT 2013

On Mon, 7 Jan 2013 08:34:38 -0800 Stephen Hemminger
<shemminger at vyatta.com> wrote:

> You really should get MPLS into upstream kernel soon because in the
> review process the API might have to be modified during the review
> process. I would hate to see Quagga having to deal with API changes
> to MPLS.

Well, I don't think the codebase is ready for that yet. There're several
things I'm working with Igor to fix.

I think we need to stabilize the LDP tree and leave the kernel glue out
- or maybe include the glue for Leu's patch. And push the glue for
Igor's patch once the ABI is stabilizing.

- Timo