[quagga-dev 10234] Re: quagga doesn't detect interface deletion?

David Lamparter equinox at opensourcerouting.org
Sun Jan 27 03:27:26 GMT 2013

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 06:37:27AM -0800, M. V. wrote:
> i'm using quagga-0.99.17 on freebsd 8.2 for a while now.
>
> i have some services in my system that create, delete or rename
> interfaces (say loopback interfaces like lo1, lo2, ...) for their
> works. each time an interface is being created, that interface is then
> being shown in my "show running-config" correctly. but problem is,
> when an interface gets deleted, it still remains in my "show
> running-config" output. so, my show running-config (and all other
> commands in every daemons that have lists of interfaces) is always
> filled with interface names which don't really exist. even if i rename
> an interface (say with ifconfig), from now on, i will have both names
> in my "show running-config" output, both old and new interface names!
>

> today I tested quagga-0.99.21 (installed it from port) but the problem was the same there too.
>
> so my question is:
> - does really such problem exist in quagga? (or I'm doing something
>   wrong and problem is specific to my system?)

Yeah, it's a known problem.

> - if so, is there a patch (or any other way) to solve it?

I had some experimental patches for it in my dn42 tree a while back.
However, I now think this should be fixed in some other way.  You can
still find it here:

http://git.spaceboyz.net/equinox/quagga.git/commit/?h=dn42.12&id=55d24e7f3dbc69db37781dbff325bda0779778df
(no idea if this still applies cleanly)

Cheers,