[quagga-dev 10565] Re: [I003] Crypto authentication - Need more information

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Tue Jul 2 18:00:30 BST 2013

On 02/07/2013 17:18, Chamara Philips wrote:
> Could you please tell me ,
>
>  1. what do you need as the final product?  like a plugin?
>  2. the evaluation process of my work.
>
> Sorry, if i'm bothering you all, but I kindly need a quick response at this
> point.

Chamara,

quagga is open source code, which is available to download from the
internet.  You are free to write whatever code seems appropriate to you.

If you split up what you write into individual components in a git repo,
with appropriate documentation so that the quagga developers can see what
your code does, then there's a good chance it might be committed to the
main line code.

>  What do you need as the final product?

Code which works and which allows quagga users to enable ISIS
authentication using the same command set as cisco routers.

> What are your final intention of this product, just an implementation
> or a product better than prevailing ones?

Code which works.

> Normally we can use C language for programming in this are. Is it same
> here?

Quagga is written in C.

> As I found IS-IS implementations are proprietary. Do I have the access
> to prevailing resources?

Yes, see the quagga git repository.

> What kind of "help" you can give me when i need to check the product?
> How to work with the router OS.

The router operating system will be linux / freebsd / solaris / os/x.  The
reference implementation for both interoperability and command-line
compatibility will be a recent version of cisco IOS.

Nick