[quagga-dev 10502] Re: Adding "encapsulation dot1q" option to interfaces

Adrian Ban bluelightning at mantech.ro
Thu May 2 09:27:41 BST 2013

Hi Sami,

I've checked last night the same code form NetBSD on OpenBSD and works
flawless. No changes in main code.
The problem is that FreeBSD is given me some errors when tries to start
the installation in VirtualBOX.
The NetBSD and OpenBSD started and installed without problems.
But taking in consideration that 2 BSD based OSes the same code compiled
and worked fine I don't see why shouldn't work on the 3th BSD based OS
-> FreeBSD.

Also I got same issue whit FreeNAS distribution which is based on FreeBSD.

Now I'm trying to install Solaris 11.1 into a VM and find the source
code for dladm/ipadm to check how is creating the VLANs in Solaris.

Best regards,
Adrian