[quagga-dev 10514] Re: Adding "encapsulation dot1q" option to interfaces

Adrian Ban bluelightning at mantech.ro
Fri May 3 06:51:31 BST 2013

There is somewhere a documentation about Quagga which says that adding
interface functions are outside the scope? I'm curious where is written.
If other Quagga users will ask to add those kind of new features will be
refused by Quagga maintainers as well because is outside the scope even
the features will be fully complained with***Unix platforms,
particularly FreeBSD, Linux, Solaris and NetBSD***?

It's work quite well outside the Quagga and will work quite well inside
the Quagga because will be the same code as the tools which the OS uses.
What is in iproute/ifconfig/dlamd will be in Quagga as well. I don't see
where is the issue.

I think that all of you that you are saying those feature will
complicate the code of Quagga you didn't take a look into those tools to
check the code and see how the code is working in my opinion.

I will add this feature anyway and I will make it public and I will be
curious how it will be accepted by the community.

Best regards.