[quagga-dev 10866] Vyatta & quagga - VyOS direction

Paul Gear quagga at libertysys.com.au
Tue Oct 29 00:19:57 GMT 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to help out with the VyOS project [1] by building packages,
especially quagga.  (For those who don't know about it, VyOS is a fork
of the last released version of Vyatta Core, which Brocade don't seem to
be developing any more. There's discussion about this at [2][3][4], if
anyone wants to read more.)

Vyatta seems to have integrated a number of third-party patches into
their quagga build, such that merging the current stable version of
quagga (0.99.22.4) from git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/quagga.git was
less than successful  Before I attempt manual fixing of the merge
conflicts, I thought I'd check in here.

In my searches, I found the following additional repos which seem to be
relatively well-updated:

git://github.com/Quagga-RE/quagga-RE.git
git://github.com/opensourcerouting/quagga.git

Can anyone who has worked on quagga for a while suggest which is likely
to be the most profitable upstream (and most closely related to Vyatta's
version) to work from?  My main priorities for this work are stability
and maintaining close proximity with upstream so that security fixes can
be integrated easily.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

[1] http://vyos.net/