[quagga-dev 10867] Re: Vyatta & quagga - VyOS direction

Christian Franke nobody at nowhere.ws
Tue Oct 29 11:24:08 GMT 2013

On 10/29/2013 01:19 AM, Paul Gear wrote:
> Vyatta seems to have integrated a number of third-party patches into
> their quagga build, such that merging the current stable version of
> quagga (0.99.22.4) from git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/quagga.git was
> less than successful  Before I attempt manual fixing of the merge
> conflicts, I thought I'd check in here.

This git repo is the "master" Quagga repository. Admittedly it isn't
moving all that fast right now - mostly because there are only few
people willing and with time available to review incoming submissions.

Afaik, vyatta based its Quagga on releases from that repository and
applied their patches on top of that.

> In my searches, I found the following additional repos which seem to be
> relatively well-updated:
>
> git://github.com/Quagga-RE/quagga-RE.git

This repository is maintained by Denis Ovsienko and was forked from
"master" some time ago.

> git://github.com/opensourcerouting/quagga.git

This is a development repository from opensourcerouting.org - the
changes there will end up in master if they pass community review.
I wouldn't recommend that particular repository as a base as it's a
development repository.

-Christian