[quagga-dev 10874] Re: Vyatta & quagga - VyOS direction

Alexis Rosen quagga-users at alexis.users.panix.com
Wed Oct 30 12:37:35 GMT 2013

On Oct 28, 2013, at 8:19 PM, Paul Gear <quagga at libertysys.com.au> wrote:
> In my searches, I found the following additional repos which seem to be relatively well-updated:
>
> git://github.com/Quagga-RE/quagga-RE.git
> git://github.com/opensourcerouting/quagga.git
>
> Can anyone who has worked on quagga for a while suggest which is likely to be the most profitable upstream (and most closely related to Vyatta's version) to work from?  My main priorities for this work are stability and maintaining close proximity with upstream so that security fixes can be integrated easily.

A brief followup on Quagga-RE: As a neutral bystander, I think it's fair to say that Dennis (the maintainer of -RE) had some substantial disagreements with Quagga maintainers, as well as somewhat of a personality clash, which lead to forking -RE. While you probably don't want to base from it, -RE has plenty of useful stuff in it, including some well-documented feature additions. So you'd be well advised to keep an eye on it, and pull patches from it at your discretion.

/a