[quagga-dev 11329] Re: bgpd: batch of attribute handling fixes

David Lamparter equinox at opensourcerouting.org
Wed Jun 4 00:31:17 BST 2014

On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 01:12:59AM +0200, David Lamparter wrote:
> This series fixes several issues in attribute handling, related to malformed
> attributes and/or route-map "set" applications.
>
> NB: do not apply 3/6 without 2/6 (or duplicating the fix).
>
> Thanks to Milan Kocian, your information was quite useful and the hacked patch
> fixed half the problem already ;)
>
> - [1/6] bgpd: fix some bgp_update_main() attribute leaks
> - [2/6] bgpd: remove duplicate route-map extcommunity code
> - [3/6] bgpd: fix double free after extcommunity set (BZ#799)
> - [4/6] bgpd: fix memory leak on malformed attribute
> - [5/6] bgpd: fix IP endianness in debug message
> - [6/6] bgpd: don't send NOTIFY twice for malformed attrs

P.S.: this is not going into 0.99.23 because (a) it doesn't fit the
conditions (it's not a regression since 0.99.21), and (b) it hasn't been
reviewed by someone else, and there might well be new bugs in it.

However, i'll probably push it onto the stable/0.99.23 branch, which
will pop up after the release.  Meaning we might have a 0.99.23.1 rather
soon.

(The rationale is:  if it was broken for a long time, hurrying the fix
and possibly breaking the release in a more horrible way has no
justification, being broken for a little more won't make a huge
difference.)

-David