[quagga-dev 11372] Re: [quagga-users 13677] Non stop routing feature for OSPF

Navin Agrawal anavin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 18:02:38 BST 2014

​Few points in the earlier discussion on this thread were not technically
correct.​

1. NSR is not equal to GR. NSR requires control plane running even during
failover/switchover.
​
​2. GR require a helper router for its functioning
3. NSR requires standby control plan (VM or physical).
4. Failover/switchover time in NSR will usually be much shorter than GR
period.
5. Shorter failover/switchover time will be desired to avoid traffic black
holing due to topology change during the same period.

Thanks
Navin