[quagga-dev 11255] Re: [quagga-dev, 7410] ospfd: replace route_nodes with a list

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at transmode.se
Mon May 5 08:13:58 BST 2014

Feng Lu <lu.feng at 6wind.com> wrote on 2014/05/05 04:47:46:

> Hi Joakim,
>
>  From my point of view, I prefer the current route_table for the
neighbors
> for the following reasons:
>
> a) route_table may consume a little bit more memories, while take a
>     little bit less time. Today, I think the time issue would be more
>     important than memory.

When there are just a few entries(most common as this is nbrs per I/F)
route_table
will be slower too as it has a higher initial cost.

> b) the current neighbors table has been used for a long time and seems
>     stable enough. It might introduce hidden problems if change to use
>     a list.

Right, this is an optimization and I don't think it will apply anymore. I
am not
going to regenerate it either as I do not have the patience to wait a few
years
before it gets mainlined.

 Jocke