[quagga-dev 11827] Re: ospfd-mi.patch: OSPF multi-instance support

Alain RITOUX alain.ritoux at 6wind.com
Thu Nov 27 10:30:11 GMT 2014

Hi all,

On 11/26/2014 07:46 PM, Vipin Kumar wrote:

>> Have you had a chance to look at the VRF patches? I suspect that a number
>> of people would be interested in knowing how easily they could be
>> integrated with yours - it would provide a good start on the answer to
>> the questions Paul has been asking.
>
> Sure. I will start looking at the VRF patches.

Cool, when do you think you can provided a feedback on the VRF patches ?

As for the multi-instance OSPF, we had more in mind (and some work in
progress) a single daemon with multiple internal contexts. Anyway your
approach is nonetheless also very interesting, and we'll review it more
deeply.

My feeling is that with the zebra-VRF patch and the multi-ospf-daemon
patch are compatible [modulo some git rebase ;-)]; with both, having one
OSPF per VRF is within easy reach, or at least a not so-big patch away.

Best regards
Alain

--
Alain RITOUX