[quagga-dev 11678] Re: link detect enable

eric.zuck at amacat.com eric.zuck at amacat.com
Tue Oct 28 18:17:49 GMT 2014

obligatory xkcd: http://xkcd.com/1172/
> regards,

IMO, if you hide function behind environment settings, then you MUST
also dump the environment via the show commands. Otherwise, the config
_won't_ give an accurate representation of the behaviour (two identical
configurations with different behaviours....)

What about punting the default value to auto-tools: allow the current
behaviour to be built via a ./configure --disable_auto_link_detect or
some such -- the suggested value is not good as it kind of suggests that
auto_link_detection is functionally disabled, and what is wanted is that
the default value is OFF..)

-EricZ