[quagga-dev 11682] Re: link detect enable

David Lamparter equinox at diac24.net
Wed Oct 29 09:56:19 GMT 2014

No comment on:

> >         quagga defaults 0.99.23
> >
> > which would go on top of the configuration and select the set of
> > defaults to be used;  if not present it'd be written with the
> > initial version used to create the config, so from then on you keep
> > the defaults of that version.
> >
> > (It's not exactly bound to released versions, maybe we should use a
> > date code, or actually a separate version number.)

?

It's not actually difficult to do in Quagga, we just need to have it
first thing on top of the config so that it can influence defaults of
objects being created further down the config loading process.

(Flipping it run-time would keep all settings and only affect new
things, which IMHO is actually a nice thing to do.)

-David