[quagga-dev 11687] Re: link detect enable

Paul Jakma paul at jakma.org
Wed Oct 29 11:37:57 GMT 2014

On Wed, 29 Oct 2014, David Lamparter wrote:

> NB: both your XYZ scheme and config default versioning only works for
> users who use "write memory" to save their configs.  But some people
> hand-edit config files, and some automatically construct them from
> scripts...

Yep, it wouldn't have saved everyone, unfortunately.

However, the choice was that Quagga ripd auth could be compatible with the
buggy Quagga ripd that unfortunately went out in the wild for a while, or
it could be interoperable with other RIP implementations (inc fixed
Quagga).

I couldn't think of a better way at the time.

Paul Jakma	paul at jakma.org	@pjakma	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune:
Dyslexics have more fnu.