[quagga-dev 11464] Re: Possible Bug in BGPd

John quagga at johnbond.org
Tue Sep 2 18:16:12 BST 2014

On 02/09/14 13:28, John wrote:
> On 02/09/14 12:56, John wrote:
>> Hello List,
>>
>> I recently came across an issue which i believe is a bug.  My testing
>> indicates that if you have two IPv6 Interfaces which are in the same
>> prefix as a neighborer, when you receive a route it is installed against
>> the interface that is lexicographically lower.  To explain further it is
>> best to use an example.
>>
>> I have ubutntu 12.04 LTS systems running quagga Version 0.97.3.  With
>> the following configuration
> Sorry this is a mistake, the version used for the tests in the last
> email was version 0.99.20.1.  i have also confirmed that the same
> behavior exists in version 0.99.23.
Further update, I'm able to fix the advertise routes by applying a route
map as follows.  However received routes are still installed against the
dummy0 interface.

router bgp 64496
!
 bgp router-id 192.168.1.200
!
 neighbor 2001:DB8:1::1 remote-as 64497
 no neighbor 2001:DB8:1::1 activate
 neighbor 2001:DB8:1::1 description upstream
!
 address-family ipv6
  neighbor 2001:DB8:1::1 activate
  neighbor 2001:DB8:1::1 soft-reconfiguration inbound
  neighbor 2001:DB8:1::1 prefix-list prefix-v6 out
  neighbor 2001:DB8:1::1 route-map FIX-v6-NEXTHOP out
  network 2001:DB8::/48

 exit-address-family

!
ipv6 prefix-list prefix-v6 seq 2 permit 2001:DB8::/48
route-map FIX-v6-NEXTHOP permit 10
 set ipv6 next-hop local fe80::a00:27ff:fe15:bd18

Thanks John