[quagga-dev 12125] Re: running-config pollution by "router ospf"

Vipin Kumar vipin at cumulusnetworks.com
Thu Apr 2 18:50:18 BST 2015

Hi Serj,

Initially, I didn't think seeing 'router ospf' config by default when ospfd
is actually running will not be an issue to the user.

However, to handle the OSPF interface mode commands properly and also not
change existing 'show running' output when there was no OSPF config
present, I added a flag to remember the configured state. This new
state/flag is then used to allow  OSPF visible/show operations. Its a
simple enough change.

We have that patch also on the way to quagga-dev. Let me know if you are
interested in that.

Thanks
Vipin