[quagga-dev 12938] Re: New OSPF crash Quagga Master (When changing OSPF router-id)

Donald Sharp sharpd at cumulusnetworks.com
Wed Aug 19 13:14:07 BST 2015

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 5:49 AM, Martin Winter <
mwinter at opensourcerouting.org> wrote:

> As a side note:
> I would _REALLY_ like if the maintainers don’t push multiple commits at
> the same time.
> I’m trying to run multiple (automated) tests each time quagga master is
> updated, but it’s
> painful to go back and pick things (manually) apart if there are multiple
> commits.
> I would really appreciate if committers could push single commits whenever
> possible.

I agree picking apart multiple commits would suck (modulus git bisect) by
hand would not be fun but why can't the automated script do this for you?

I don't think it's unreasonable to have multiple commits at the same time
either.  Especially if you are committing multiple commits that build on
top of each other.  It's not unusual to see a series of patches that if
taken individually would not work, but the sum total works 'correctly'.
The break up of the patch makes it easier to review the entirety of the
change and ensure the logical correctness( for whatever value that is worth
).  I see this all the time on netdev.

donald