[quagga-dev 11950] Re: Thread pause in Quagga?

Lu Feng lu.feng at 6wind.com
Fri Jan 16 01:51:51 GMT 2015

On 1/15/15, Jan Janovic <janovic at orava.sk> wrote:

> And the way, how do they do that, is probably in a little random delay
> before first INIT. This way, one of the routers will send his NULL INIT
> always first, second one will receive it and Ack in his own NULL INIT.
>
> Jan Janovic

Hi Jan,

I'm not sure whether I understand your question well. If the point is
just to add a small delay to the packet, I think we have the simple
way, but need to modify the EIGRP code instead of in thread.c.

Please refer to the following macros/functions:
- JITTER(X) in watchquagga.c
- jitter() in babel_interface.c
- isis_jitter() in isis_misc.c
- bgp_start_jitter() in bgp_fsm.c
- rip_update_jitter() in ripd.c
- ripng_update_jitter() in ripngd.c
- OSPF_LS_REFRESH_JITTER in ospfd.h

Apply a jitter to a timer is simple. Hope this would help.

Best regards,
Feng Lu