[quagga-dev 11954] Re: Thread pause in Quagga?

Paul Jakma paul at jakma.org
Tue Jan 20 16:29:59 GMT 2015

On Wed, 14 Jan 2015, Jan Janovic wrote:

> Hello community!
>
> Is it possible to somehow pause specific thread in Quagga for several
> miliseconds while not affecting work of other threads? They would continue
> their jobs. I'm just thinking loudly. Maybe it's stupid consideration.

No, there's lots of places that do this. However, we have co-operative
threads within a process, so you have to save the state (e.g. a list of
pending packets), then reschedule the thread responsible for processing
that list.

You're free to use multiple processes in a daemon though, if it suits the
protocol.

Paul Jakma	paul at jakma.org	@pjakma	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune:
Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.
 		-- Erma Bombeck