[quagga-dev 12680] Re: Building RPMs for Redhat 6 or 7 (or CentOS 6 or 7)

Martin Winter mwinter at opensourcerouting.org
Tue Jun 9 22:42:22 BST 2015

Andrew,

in general nice work. Much better than the SPECs I’ve created on our
CI system (See
https://git-us.netdef.org/projects/OSR/repos/ci-files/browse/centos7/example)

A few things I’ve noticed:

1) “with_ipv6” is default (at least since 0.99.24) and no longer
configurable. I don’t think it can be disabled.

2) Would love if you add the FPM as an option for the configure
(I would prefer as default, but some might have other opinions).
This would require the “—enable-fpm” and “--enable-tcp-zebra”
configure options together)

3) You didn’t update the changelog at the end of the spec file.

4) I always wonder if we shouldn’t install (empty) config files
for bgpd, ospfd, (and all the other daemons) so they can be started
if needed. The existing packages for RedHat (and most other Distro’s)
seems to think it’s not needed and everyone would do it by hand…
You seem to be installing the file for zebra (zebra.conf) but not
the others.

- Martin Winter