[quagga-dev 12072] Re: Introduction

David Lamparter equinox at opensourcerouting.org
Mon Mar 2 06:11:36 GMT 2015

On Sun, Mar 01, 2015 at 09:30:31PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Brian Bennett <brian.bennett at joyent.com> writes:
>
> > I've recently been doing a little bit of Quagga hacking so I wanted to
> > introduce myself. My name is Brian Bennet and I work at Joyent as a
> > Systems Engineer in Cloud Operations.
> >
> > Recently I've been motivated to get Quagga working on SmartOS. If
> > you're unfamiliar, SmartOS is an illumos distribution. illumos was
> > forked from OpenSolaris which itself was forked from Solaris 10. So we
> > share heritage with, but are distinct from Solaris. As far as Quagga
> > is concerned, there don't haven't been any significant differences
> > between Solaris and illumos that I've noticed.
>
> I've read your three patches.  I am inclined to apply the ip_mreq one as
> obviously correct and the SMF one as not causing trouble to anyone on
> other than sunos, without further ado.  I'll do this in 48h if there are
> no objections.

I've applied these two, w/ your signoff.  Thanks to both of you!

> I would like someone else to read over the capabilities patches and
> comment yes/no if they think it should be applied.  At a quick glance it
> looks ok to me but I am not adequately confident to just apply it.

Well, the changes are entirely inside an
  #elif defined (HAVE_SOLARIS_CAPABILITIES)
block; as such I'd just go apply them after the release is out.  I'm
just not keen on touching capabilities code directly before a release ;)

Reminds me, though:  what are we doing in regard to capabilities on BSD?

-David