[quagga-dev 12088] Re: Introduction

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Tue Mar 3 19:47:46 GMT 2015

David Lamparter <david at opensourcerouting.org> writes:

> Well, the changes are entirely inside an
>   #elif defined (HAVE_SOLARIS_CAPABILITIES)
> block; as such I'd just go apply them after the release is out.  I'm
> just not keen on touching capabilities code directly before a release ;)

That sounds sensible.  Although Brian sending in the patch may be 1
datapoint that the new code works and we have 0 that the old code works.

> Reminds me, though:  what are we doing in regard to capabilities on BSD?

I believe that there was an effort to bring POSIX.1e to FreeBSD:

  http://www.trustedbsd.org/cap.html

and that it stalled.   So I'd expect that quagga's POSIX code will work
when a BSD gets POSIX capabilities, and until then there's nothing to
do.