[quagga-dev 15851] Re: tags patches

Paul Jakma paul at jakma.org
Tue Jul 5 15:33:43 BST 2016

On Fri, 1 Jul 2016, Kaloyan Kovachev wrote:

> Hi,

> realms are currently limited to 1 byte in the kernel, so it is
> probably better to have some sort of 'tag to realm <start> [length]'
> with length defaulting to 255 and something bigger than short - that
> way it will be easy to make use of larger numbers for the realms
> later?

Some kind of mapping can be found I'm sure. I guess Piotr and/or
yourself will send something in at some point?

There could be other uses for tags, BGP has 4-byte ASNs that you might
want to put in a tag, OSPF has a 4-byte tag field. So, might as well go
with (at least) 4-bytes on that basis, I guess.

Paul Jakma | paul at jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A
Fortune:
You can't break eggs without making an omelet.