[quagga-dev 15864] Re: Someone rebased volatile/patch-tracking/8/proposed/ff branch

Paul Jakma paul at jakma.org
Wed Jul 6 15:52:40 BST 2016

On Wed, 6 Jul 2016, Lou Berger wrote:

> - bgpd now starts, but exit is no longer supported in config files
> (which breaks existing configs) for example
>
>    router bgp 123

>    exit

Are you testing at 'ff' (which will need a forced update, if you've
previously fetched it - note; as will all these heads)? Or at
'pushback/b (which is sort of what 'ff' used to be at)?

I'm guessing that if the problme is that 'exit' that it is due to:

'lib, vtysh: Add support for marking a file with appropriate end of
context'

Which I have in the 'pushback/b' subset, pending a comment to Dinesh
about compatibility. If you test from:

proposed/ff - commit 4adca54da37e3d9360bcb4ab6d69ff20821ff31e

does it work? If that works), a test from:

proposed/nits/b - commit 77a73bee9b636024bbc9e8ba7803b8f08d675c7d

Would be useful. Does that work?

> - I did a simple test propagating a VPN safi update (in a RR config) and
> the route didn't propagate.
>
>  I have to run to meetings, but something in update processing is
> definitely broken.

Ok, if you can isolate to where, that'd be good.

Also, it could be my editing. I had to do a lot of editing to fix merge
issues, I might have fat-fingered stuff (no doubt did somewhere).
Apologies in advance.

Paul Jakma | paul at jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A
Fortune:
All the existing 2.0.x kernels are to buggy for 2.1.x to be the
main goal.
 	-- Alan Cox