[quagga-dev 16642] Quagga, past, present and future

Paul Jakma paul at jakma.org
Wed Aug 16 07:14:01 BST 2017

Hi,

Quagga started, forking from GNU Zebra, from a need I had as a network
operator to gain some independence from commercial networking vendors
(large and small) who did not have my interests at heart. Free software
exists to give users' a say in the software they depend on. Quagga,
along with the excellent BIRD and OpenBGPd/OpenOSPFd projects, has
helped to further operators' interests over the years, I hope, as a
vendor neutral project.

Balaji Gurudoss is currently maintaining Quagga, along with Timo Teras,
who focuses on nhrpd.

They could use your help.

Paul Jakma | paul at jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A
Fortune:
standards, n.:
 	The principles we use to reject other people's code.