[quagga-dev 16650] Re: [quagga-users 14754] PBR(policy based routing in quagga)

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Tue Aug 22 13:13:01 BST 2017

On 08/22/17 06:24, ankaiah.nallamekala at wipro.com wrote:
> Policy can be anything right, we can set any matching criteria and its
> not mandatory to set 5-tupple value, Please correct me if my
> understanding is wrong.

If you're doing routing on something other than destination address,
then that's an OS kernel-level feature.  You should look into iptables,
IP-Filter, ipchains, or whatever your local OS supports for rule-based
packet filtering/rewriting.

That sort of thing isn't really related to a routing protocol suite such
as Quagga.