[quagga-dev 16689] Re: libzebra.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory error in Quagga installation

Paul Jakma paul at jakma.org
Tue Dec 26 16:04:48 GMT 2017

On Sun, 24 Dec 2017, shahrooz wrote:

> I am trying to modify quagga source code. Before modifying the source
> code, I tried to compile and install the quagga on my Ubuntu machine
> first.
>
> I am using this link
> (http://www.routingloops.co.uk/cisco/how-to-install-quagga-on-centos-6-5/) to
> compile, adding quagga user and running bgpd daemon on my machine.
>
> But when I enter bgpd & command in the terminal I got this error:
>
> bgpd: error while loading shared libraries: libzebra.so.1: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
>
> Any help please? I use the last version of quagga source code too from
> http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/quagga/

Some kind of issue in installing the software.

If you're installing on CentOS, the following is probably the best way
forward:

(non root user):

make dist
rpmbuild -tb ./quagga-<version>.tar.gz

Then use rpm or yum to upgrade the RPM package.

Paul Jakma | paul at jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A
Fortune:
Flee at once, all is discovered.