[quagga-dev 16715] Install Latest Version

Siva Kesava sivakesava1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 02:32:20 GMT 2018

Hi all,

OS: Linux Ubuntu 16

If I use "sudo apt install quagga" then I find files in /etc/init.d/quagga
and /etc/quagga but if I download the tar file from the website and do
1../configure
2.make
3.make install

then I don't find any such files.

What additional steps need to be done other than the above three? I wanted
to use the latest version but the ubuntu cache has 0.99 version which has
some bugs.

Can anyone specify in detail the steps that need to be followed if I want
to have the same effect as that of "apt install"?

Do I need to use some flags or change permissions or create quagga user? I
am so confused any suggestions would be a great help.

Thanks
Siva

‌