[Quagga-users 21] Re: so...

Gernot W. Schmied gernot.schmied at nanorg.org
Sun Aug 3 12:30:03 IST 2003

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> [...]

I like the committer concept and code maintainer as well. The most
important criteria for the committers list are, that they need to be
excellent developers and architects, a distributed mastermind so to
speak, maybe a group of 3 for the very beginning.
I'd just like to point out one issue: There was disharmony on other
groups about what is considered an "active or valuable
contribution/contributor", which always is in the eye of the beholder I
guess. The sheer volume of a person's postings is not necessarily a
quality or committment criteria, we don't want to upset
knowledge-lurkers :-). We set the tone here for the future, so let's all
consider this a delicate issue.
I'd suggest for the release cycle
to stick to the numbering of the Linux kernel. How about a patch freeze
as of August 1st 2003 for Paul's patch collection? A review of the
patches submitted and a release as 1.0rc1 which should asap lead to 1.0
late August?
1.1 would be the development branch, then 1.2pre, 1.2rc and 1.2 as next
stable release, makes sense?

Regards,
Gernot

--
Dipl.-Ing. Gernot W. Schmied, MS       Network Architecture & Operations
Senior Strategist                      Research Group