[quagga-users 85] Re: Status of OSPFd

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Thu Aug 7 01:52:25 IST 2003

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, James Miller wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm just now dipping my toes into using Zebra (quagga actually) and
> have a few questions.  I'm running Debian 'testing', using pj's
> snapshot 0.94 (8-6-03 snapshot) and I had no problems compiling the
> software.
>
> What is the status of ospfd?  I've read that it's broken/has
> problems and wanted to know if it's usable or not.

its reasonably stable. zebra.org has some known problems (esp wrt
ospf md5 auth).

> oscar ospfd[238]: Packet[DD] [Slave]: packet duplicated. oscar
> ospfd[238]: ospf_packet_dup stream 88 ospf_packet 24 size mismatch

what version of gcc?

> problem is.  Any suggestions are most welcomed!

make sure you have gcc-3.3.1-pre1 (its in debian unstable i think).
an earlier version of gcc in unstable had problems.

	warning: do not ever send email to spam at dishone.st
Fortune:
Don't get suckered in by the comments -- they can be terribly misleading.
Debug only code.
		-- Dave Storer