[quagga-users 857] Re: Getting quagga BGPd to actually honor update-source.

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Wed Nov 12 12:41:05 GMT 2003

The address used is left up to the kernel.  IE whichever it routes the
connection out of (just like a normal locally originated say telnet
command).  Quagga never binds it to a specific IP.

I can't send a full copy of the bgpd.conf, nor the ifconfig.  I can send
relevant portions though with missing octet.

Thought I must apologize I did find an ID10T error, the remote side had a
typo.  After they fixed the typo I have a session up now.  The thing was
for a while there indeed establishing a session with the wrong addres.  I'm
guessing that instead of just NOT trying or logging an error when the
address isn't up that zebra/quagga silently try to continue?

I'm thinking that's what happened because I also moved the address to the
lo interface.

--On Wednesday, November 12, 2003 14:32 -0500 Mike Tancsa <mike at sentex.net>

--
Undocumented Features quote of the moment...
"It's not the one bullet with your name on it that you