[quagga-users 976] Re: Router Advertisements broken in 0.96.4

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Tue Nov 25 19:57:04 GMT 2003

  It seems that there is a configure switch to enable them, with some
  apparently Linux-specific tests.   I would argue that RAs are a core
  feature and that quagga w/o them is broken, and thus the default should
  be to compile to support RAs, and that -disable-rtadv or whatever
  should be available only as a workaround for broken systems, with the
  realization what it will produce a broken quagga.

It turns out I misread the configure code; the checking for netlink
was merely adjacent to the rtadv switch, and independent.

I have filed bug 66 about rtadv being disabled by default.  Paul: can
you explain the motivation here (or revert the change :-).  (See
revision 1.20 of configure.ac on 2003-05-20.)

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com>