[quagga-users 1716] Summarizing and filtering in ABR

Hasso Tepper hasso at estpak.ee
Mon Apr 19 18:59:13 IST 2004

There have been many complaints that summarizing and filtering doesn't
work in Quagga ospfd. I just finished testing and they work
perfectly. I'm afraid that there is misunderstanding though - Type-5
AS-external-LSAs CAN'T be filtered or summarized in ABR. Scope of
Type-5 AS external-LSAs is AS. Only intra-area paths (ie. paths
described with router- and network-LSAs - their scope is area) can be
summarized and/or filtered.

I wrote some documentation about range/filter commands as well. It's
in CVS in doc/ospfd.texi now.

In theory there is possibility to summarize (and filter?) external
paths by using NSSA area (scope of Type-7 AS-external-LSAs is area).
But Quagga doesn't support summarizing Type-7 AS-external-LSA's yet.
Implementing it is in quite high place in my TODO list though.

--
Hasso Tepper
Elion Enterprises Ltd.