[quagga-users 3366] Re: BGP traffic policy question

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Thu Dec 9 18:25:01 GMT 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Kresimir Sparavec wrote:

> What is the simplest way to enforce certain outgoing traffic load
> sharing policy in BGP? I have two independent BGP sessions with
> upstream ISP's, each one on the separate router, between the two
> routers runs iBGP. Ideally, one would be able to specify say 75% to
> ISP1, 25% to ISP2. Incoming traffic may stay as it is. Any idea
> will be appreciated.

local-pref is the main outbound control tool.

As always with BGP (and other protocols), it's not possible to
specify things like "x% via there, %y via yon", instead you have to
think of useful ways you could discriminate between routes (which
depends on your setup/topology), apply, observe, think again and
refine, apply, etc..

> thanks,
> Kresimir

The only constant is change.